FAQs for Fall 2021 College of A&S Advising
College website with links to calendar, forms, advising information: http://college.as.virginia.edu
- Summer Session I: May 24–June 17, Session II: une 21–July 17, Session III: July 19–August 13, 8 Week Session: June 21–August 13
- Fall Semester 2021 starts Tuesday, August 24, 2021.
- Scheduling Advising Appointments
- College advising calendar (on the Undergraduate College site above) at bottom where it says SCHEDULE ADVISING: https://advise.sites.virginia.edu/
- On left hand side where there are three dots, you can create advising blocks.
- You can now embed a Zoom link in your advising schedule
Talking with advisees
- Phone appointments (you can dial *67 from your personal phone and then the student’s number if you would like to block your number) OR
- Setting up video/phone Zoom; See Guide to setting up Zoom.
For the meeting options section: enable the waiting room. This allows you to admit students one at a time to a long meeting block, rather than having to set up individual meetings with each student. You can have a private conversation and then leave the meeting, invite a waiting student into a private meeting room and then start over again. Check out the Zoom link on the ITS site below.
Zoom Questions? 434-924-4357 or ITS site: https://in.virginia.edu/zoom
4. Major Declaration
- Forms are available on the College site under the Forms section on the Menu.
- Resource for choosing a major from afar
- Once the student gets the approval of DUP, the form can be sent to the College Registrar at [email protected].
5. Association Deans | Monroe Hall
Faculty Advisor 2021 Helpful Links and Resources
- College Curriculum General Education Website https://gened.as.virginia.edu/
- Directory for Information on the College Website: https://college.as.virginia.edu/directory
- Resources Across the University: https://college.as.virginia.edu/university-resources
- Resources for Faculty Advisor: https://college.as.virginia.edu/for_advisors
College/Monroe Hall Undergraduate Office: 434-924-3351
College Registrar and General College questions
- College Help: [email protected]
- College Registrar: Judy Updike ([email protected])
- Dean of the Day Zoom Link (M-F, 2:30-4:00): https://college.as.virginia.edu/DOD
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- CAPS Faculty/ Staff Resources | 434-243-5150
- Student Disability and Access Center (SDAC) | 434-924-5362
Office of the Dean of Students (ODOS)
4 Rs Resource Pamphlet
After Hours Contact: 434-927-7166