Skip to main content Skip to site index menu

Use this form to request transfer credit from a U.S. institution to count toward a major or minor that you have already declared. All other domestic transfer credit must be requested using the Transfer of Credit – Elective form. 

Before submitting a request, please review the College’s policy on transfer credit.

Students must obtain permission from the College to enroll in courses at another institution and transfer academic credit back to the University to apply toward their degree program. This is done by submitting a Request for Transfer of Credit Form prior to enrolling in courses for transfer. Detailed eligibility requirements, guidelines and instructions are on the form.

Instructions for the Request for Transfer of Credit – Major or Minor DocuSign Form

Review the steps below before starting your Request for Transfer of Credit – Major or Minor Form to ensure your form is routed correctly. Failure to follow these steps will result in your form being voided.

  1. Enter your name and UVA email address in the Student section.
  2. Enter the name and email of the Department Contact for Request for Transfer of Credit: Major or Minor for your major or minor department. 
  3. DO NOT change the Transfer Credit Evaluator recipient, or your form will not be received by the College and will not receive final approval. Credit is not guaranteed unless approved by the Transfer Credit Evaluator. 
  4. Once you have entered the name and email for yourself and the Department Contact, click “Begin Signing”.
  5. Now that you have reviewed the instructions, please start the DocuSign process by clicking on the form below. 
Last updated: June 3, 2024
Suggest an edit to this page.