Dual Enrollment Credit

X000T credit will not fulfill general education requirements for traditional four-year students. External transfer students may still apply X000T credit to fulfill some general education requirements. After you begin attending classes in your first term at UVA, you must fulfill all remaining general education requirements at UVA and all transfer credit in future years must be pre-approved by the College of Arts & Sciences.

If you took "college" level courses prior to completing your high school or secondary-level program (often known as "dual enrollment credit") you should have a transcript sent directly to the address below in mid-June prior to the start of your first year. Send your transcript ONLY after your spring dual enrollment grades are posted on your transcript.

If your school is mailing transcripts, please provide them with this address:

Office of the College Registrar 
College of Arts and Sciences
University of Virginia
P.O. Box 400133
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4133

If your school uses Parchment to send transcripts electronically, please select "The Undergraduate College of Arts & Sciences - University of Virginia" as the delivery destination.

If you are using the National Student Clearinhouse, please use this email: [email protected]

If you have questions please email or call ((434) 924-8867) the College Registrar.

The College will evaluate your transcript soon after receiving it. You can check your SIS Student Center to verify your credit after it has been posted. While you wait, you can use the Online Evaluator to do your own prelimiary assessment.

A few important facts regarding "dual enrollment" are:

  • You may receive no more, and may receive fewer, than the number of credits earned at the host institutions.
  • Do not repeat any courses for which you have earned dual enrollment credit.
  • You may NOT use dual enrollment credit to meet the first or second writing requirement or the world language requirement, though such dual enrollment courses will count as elective credits toward your degree.  Such credits will appear as 1000T or 2000T on your record.
  • If you have world language dual enrollment credit, you must take the placement test before enrolling in July. If the placement test is not available on-line, you must take the placement test before classes begin in the fall. Placement test scores will tell you which course or courses you must take at UVA to complete the requirement.
  • If interested, you may apply for Advanced ENWR Placement via Portfolio Review:  http://professionalwriting.as.virginia.edu/requirements
  • Since you may not earn credit for the same course twice, if you repeat a course at U.Va. for which you have already received dual enrollment credit, you will lose your dual enrollment credit.