In order to earn a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree and graduate, all University of Virginia College of Arts & Sciences students must:
- Earn 120 credits of course work in 8 semesters with an average of C or a grade point average of 2.000.
- Complete all College area and competency requirements (these must be completed at U.Va.).
- Complete one major.
- The College does not award second degrees. Students who earned a baccalaureate degree at UVA or at another institution are not eligible to receive a second undergraduate degree from the College.
- All majors and minors must be completed prior to graduation; once you graduate you may not change your major or minor nor can you earn credit for a second major or minor.
- Graduates are also no longer eligible to return to full-time study in the College of Arts & Sciences.
- All undergraduate students are limited to two majors. This means non-College students are restricted to one College major and/or one College minor.
At the end of each semester the Association Deans check students' overall records to see if they are in Good Standing and making satisfactory progress toward a degree. Failure to do so may result in Academic Warning and ultimately suspension. See the complete information on Academic Standing