If you took "college" level courses prior to completing your high school or secondary-level program (often known as "dual enrollment credit") you should have a transcript sent directly to the address below in mid-June prior to the start of your first year. Send your transcript ONLY after your spring dual enrollment grades are posted on your transcript.
Once your transcript has your spring grades posted, send it to:
Office of the College Registrar
College of Arts and Sciences
P.O. Box 400133
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4133
If you have questions please call the College Registrar:
Judy Updike, (434) 924-8867
The College will evaluate your transcript soon after receiving it. You can check your SIS Student Center to verify your credit after it has been posted.
A few important facts regarding "dual enrollment" are:
- You may receive no more, and may receive fewer, than the number of credits earned at the host institutions.
- Do not repeat any courses for which you have earned dual enrollment credit.
- You may NOT use dual enrollment credit to meet the first or second writing requirement or the foreign language requirement, though such dual enrollment courses will count as elective credits toward your degree. Such credits will appear as 1000T or 2000T on your record.
- If you have foreign language dual enrollment credit, you must take the placement test before summer orientation at UVa. If the placement test is not available on-line, you must take the placement test before classes begin in the fall.
- If you have English writing dual enrollment credit, you may wish to submit a portfolio for possible exemption. See the English department "First Writing Requirement Placement" link at http://professionalwriting.as.virginia.edu/requirements
- Since you may not earn credit for the same course twice, if you repeat a course at U.Va. for which you have already received dual enrollment credit, you will lose your dual enrollment credit.