2018-19 STEM Bridge Scholarship Program
VSGC is currently recruiting applicants to the 2018-19 STEM Bridge Scholarship Program. Click here for the flyer and more information
Application deadline is May 18, 2018.
For more information and to apply online please go to http://vsgc.odu.edu/sf/Bridge/
A major goal of the Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) is to help produce the engineers and scientists of the future. While opportunities for careers in aerospace have expanded, the number of talented students pursuing degrees in mathematics, engineering and the sciences has declined. To encourage talented individuals to pursue science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) related fields and research, the VSGC established the STEM Bridge Scholarship Program.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours) at one of the five Virginia Space Grant Consortium member institutions (College of William and Mary, Hampton University , Old Dominion University, University of Virginia, and Virginia Tech)
- Must have completed at least one year of a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) undergraduate program and be classified as a sophomore during the 2018-2019 academic year. Renewals/Juniors: Sophomores 2021, Juniors 2020
- Must have a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be in a program of study demonstrating an interest in STEM or supporting NASA's mission
- Award is contingent upon review of spring 2018 final transcript
- Sophomores must not graduate before May 2021, Juniors must not graduate before May 2020
- Students who are members of a federally recognized minority which include ethnicities such as African American, Native American, Hispanic, or Pacific Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.